[libvirt-users] nova-compute, libvirt and authentication

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 08:36:03 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 10:13 AM, Maciej Gałkiewicz wrote:
> On 2 July 2013 09:58, Martin Kletzander <mkletzan at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd say this is a problem with sasl, nothing else.  "No mechanism found"
>> may mean that libraries for configured mechanism aren't found or unknown
>> mechanism is being requested.  I doubt that access to those libraries
>> would be a permisison problem, but you might be missing some
>> cyrus-sasl-* package.  What distro are you running on and what
>> sasl-related packages do you have installed?
>>

> If there is a problem with sasl why I am able to successfully use it for
> example through:
> virsh -c qemu+tcp://my_remote_server/system list

I couldn't know you were able to do that.  Since I presume you are using
the same server and client to check that, I must fallback to default
questions like "SELinux?".  Or some OpenStack config which I
(unfortunately) know almost nothing about.  Last thing that occurs on my
mind is whether you are able to reproduce that purely with python
bindings (in case there's a problem).

> I am running debian 7.1 (wheezy). Sasl libs:
> # dpkg -l | grep sasl
> ii  libsasl2-2:amd64                   2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1        amd64
>      Cyrus SASL - authentication abstraction library
> ii  libsasl2-modules:amd64             2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1        amd64
>      Cyrus SASL - pluggable authentication modules
> ii  sasl2-bin                          2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1        amd64
>      Cyrus SASL - administration programs for SASL users database

Unfortunately I can't see what mechanisms are available from this list,
but if virsh works the problem is somewhere else.

Martin