[libvirt-users] cpuset attribute not working with virt-install

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at ymail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:54:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have been trying to use cpuset with virt-install. I am using the following command:

$ virt-install --virt-type kvm --name Ubuntu13 --ram 1024 --cdrom=/home/peeyush/Downloads/ubuntu-13.04-desktop-i386.iso --cpuset=0,2 --disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/guest.qcow2,size=10,format=qcow2

Now, according to virt-install man page, my VM's cpu affinity should be set to pcpu 0 and 2 . But when I did virsh vcpuinfo $VM, it shows that the affinity is to all cpus. I checked the xml file of my VM and it has the cpuset attribute, but still my VM is running on all cpus.

~Peeyush Gupta