[libvirt-users] Not able to create two cpusets with exclusive access

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at ymail.com
Tue Jul 2 10:10:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to set up exclusive cpu access for two different VMs. Now, in the hierarchy, the directories of both the VM's are inside /libvirt/qemu/$VM. I have 3 cpus on my machine. I have done echo 0 > cpuset.cpus and echo 1 > cpuset.cpu_exclusive for one VM. Now, I am launching another VM using virt-install and I have given the option --cpuset 1. There is no overlapping of cpus here, but still libvirt is showing error that it's unable to create cgroup for the new VM. Is it possible to have two exclusive cpusets inside a same hierarchy?

~Peeyush Gupta