[libvirt-users] How to set cpuset.cpus dynamically?

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at ymail.com
Wed Jul 3 07:34:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have been trying to run a VM on some particular cpu cores. Now the thing is I can set cpuset with virt-install and that will reflect in VM's XML and it will define the affinity. But what about cpuset.cpus? That is inherited directly from the parent. Is there any way to set it when launching the VM? Again, if I have given cpuset during virt-install, why doesn't cpuset.cpus reflect the value instead of inheriting it from parent?

Thanks.

~Peeyush Gupta