[libvirt-users] VM destroy faiing in 1.0.1

Chandrashekhar Jamadarkhani (cjamadar) cjamadar at cisco.com
Wed Jul 3 16:40:54 UTC 2013

Hi Eric,

Thanks Eric for looking in to this.

>>You must ALWAYS be prepared for commands to fail because the guest has changed states on its own.  Any guest can turn itself off before your destroy request; this does not mean that destroy is broken.
I'm not saying vm_destroy is broken.  I'm handling the failure  of vm_destroy. For the same VM, vm destroy is going  through in the older libvirt version(0.8.7) and why it is always failing in the latest version of libvirt ?
anything wrong in my environment ?

host:~]$ virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.8.7
Using library: libvir 0.8.7