[libvirt-users] Connect issue - libvirt.dylib

Utpal Das utpal.das at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 17:47:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to use libvirt to connect to hypervisor. I need some help with
this.

1. I am using mac os - Mountain Lion.
2. I have installed libvirt using macports.
3. I am able to connect to the vcenter server using virsh tool.
4. However i am not able to connect using libvirt java program. The issue
it seems that virt library cannot be found. (Sample output attached).

The question is how do i get libvirt.dylib on my mac. Any pointers would be
really helpful

Re,
Utpal

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load
library 'virt': Native library (darwin/libvirt.dylib) not found in resource
path