[libvirt-users] cgroup error starting domains

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 16:26:23 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 11:01 AM, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a small problem using libvirt-1.0.5.1 (with the latest patch in
> the v1.0.5-maint branch on git added).
> I'm using slackware64-14.0 but the situation is exactly the same described
> on a debian bug

> When trying to start a domain I got
>
> error: Failed to start domain debian-wheezy-xfce
> error: Unable to initialize /machine cgroup: Invalid argument
>
> with this in libvirtd.log
>
> virCgroupDetect:373 : Failed to detect mounts for /machine
> qemuInitCgroup:425 : Unable to initialize /machine cgroup: Invalid argument
>
> and the error goes away if I unmount /sys/fs/cgroup.
>
> Reverting to 1.0.4 fixes this,

sorry, just to report the same effect with 1.0.6: this is my
/sys/fs/cgroup layout

http://pastebin.com/Gxsgb8KG

and this is the corresponding stuff in /var/lib/libvirt/libvirtd.log
(with log level 1) when I issue a

# virsh start s64cont

http://pastebin.com/Rhg3tSzt

as I've had a look at

http://libvirt.org/cgroups.html

I'm just wondering if systemd is necessary (we don't have it in
Slackware) or I'm simply missing something...

Matteo