[libvirt-users] can virsh set the cpuset attribute of <vcpu ..> (CPU Allocation) ?

Edoardo Comar ECOMAR at uk.ibm.com
Fri Jun 14 07:39:59 UTC 2013

Is it possible to use virsh to set the cpuset attribute of the CPU
Allocation element in a domain ?
<domain>
  <vcpu placement='static' cpuset="1-4,^3,6" current="1">2</vcpu>
</domain>

I have seen that virsh vcpupin and virsh emulatorpin can be used to query
and set
the cpusets of the <vcpupin> and <emulatorpin> children elements of
<cputune>
which override the cpuset of <vcpu>.

If i did not have to pin to different PCPUs,  I would execute just one
command for the whole domain
rather than one command per VCPU + one per the emulator threads.

Thanks!
regards,
Edoardo Comar
WebSphere Application Service Platform for Networks (ASPN)
ecomar at uk.ibm.com
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.