[libvirt-users] Libvirt remote-client compilation for RHEL4

Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) sarvi at cisco.com
Wed Mar 6 23:41:46 UTC 2013

Hi,
   We are trying to compile Libvirt 1.02 from source for an RHEL4 target.

Our virtualization hosts are running the fedora 17/ RHEL6 with the latest standard libvirt binaries.
This is where VMs will be created.

But our user/development machines are RHEL4 and we would like users to be able to use virsh/libvirt/python to control the Vms running on RHEL6/fedora17 remotely from the their RHEL4 machines.

We are trying to compile a minimalist libvirt necessary on RHEL4 that would make remote control of VMs   possible.

Has anyone tried this?
Any suggestions on what options to pass to ./configure to minimize what needs to be compiled for this purpose? Or on RHEL 4?

Thx,
Sarvi