[libvirt-users] libvirt v1.0.2 fails to boot LXC container, but v1.0.0 works

Dennis Jenkins dennis.jenkins.75 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:25:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Doug Goldstein <cardoe at gentoo.org> wrote:

> grep FUSE_FS /usr/src/linux/.config
>
> if, =m then: lsmod | grep fuse
>
> lastly, check if you have sys-fs/fuse installed.
> --
> Doug Goldstein

Hello Doug, Libvirt list,

    This morning I noticed that Doug pushed out a new Gentoo ebuild
for libvirt-1.0.3 that allows me to disable the "fuse" USE flag.  I
tested the new libvirt-1.0.3 with the fuse USE flag set both ways:

1) enabled (must set manually) = LXC containers refuse to start (expected)
2) disabled (default) = LXC containers start properly (yeah!)

   So, I can now use some features in libvirt > 1.0.0 and still use
LXC.  Thank you very much.

   For my use case, I don't really care that "/proc/meminfo" is
leaking host info into a container (hence, Gao's patch last fall).

   Thank you all for your assistance.