[libvirt-users] Re: managedsave results in unexpected shutdown from inside Windows

Nicolas Sebrecht nsebrecht at piing.fr
Wed Mar 13 15:25:36 UTC 2013

The 13/03/13, Eric Blake wrote:

> That shouldn't be happening - a start after a managedsave should be
> restoring the guest to the same state as at the save.  It sounds like
> you may have run into a corrupted managedsave file, so libvirt punted
> and booted the guest from scratch instead of restoring state; booting
> from scratch without a clean shutdown would explain the symptoms of the
> OS complaining.
>
> Did you upgrade qemu in between when you saved your guest and restarted
> it?  If so, this may be more of a qemu bug about not handling incoming
> migration of data generated from an older qemu.  Are you sure that the
> managed save data was not corrupted, such as a power outage occurring
> before the managed save file was completely flushed to disk?

I use a script started each night to (managed)save the guests and upload
them to a FTP server.  Basically, I do

  virsh managedsave guest
  <upload managedsave file>
  <upload guest disks>
  virsh start guest

So, there is no qemu update and the hypervisor uptime is pretty high.
I'll investigate on the corruption possibility.

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht