[libvirt-users] Fwd: OpenVSwitch and libvirt integration problem at shutdown/reboot

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 23:03:28 UTC 2013

On 03/04/2013 10:46 AM, Ernesto Domato wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm forwarding this mail that I wrote to OpenVSwitch dev
> list because I think that you could maybe help me a little :-)
>
> What did you think about the patch to libvirt that I'm using?. At
> least, it worked for me :-)

I'm not familiar with openVSwitch enough myself to give definitive
answers, but I will point out a similar thread with a similar concern...

> Thanks.
> Ernesto

If we know that libvirt is relying on some other service being present,
then it is in our best interest to guarantee shutdown ordering between
the two services so that libvirt always shuts down before OVS-Switch.  I
have no idea what the service name for this would be, but check out this
patch for the approach to get systemd to enforce a shutdown dependency:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-March/msg00096.html