[libvirt-users] network bridge hairpin parameter support

Zang MingJie zealot0630 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:39:54 UTC 2013

Hi:

   Currently we encounter a problem where OpenStack may forget or
misconfig the bridge hairpin setting, and will cause some unexpected
behavior [1]. Although this bug is marked fixed, but if we manually
restart the vm by virsh will also trigger the problem. And because the
bridge interface is created and managed by libvirt, we are considering
move the hairpin configuration to libvirt.

   Now I start writing a patch to achieve this, but after digging into
the source code, I found only kvm/qemu and uml backend may support this
parameter. Other backends manage their own bridge, and seems no way to
modify it.

   I expect is there any solution working in progress or should we add
the new parameter in libvirt configuration ?

   [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/933640