[libvirt-users] libvirt-snmp on Ubuntu

george john simplyjoe13 at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 15:45:49 UTC 2013

Thank you Michal. I verified the binary rpmbuild exists at  /usr/bin/rpmbuild and ran autobuild but it failed with these errors:

root at machine:/tmp/libvirt-snmp-0.0.3# ./autobuild.sh

test -n "$1" && RESULTS=$1 || RESULTS=results.log
: ${AUTOBUILD_INSTALL_ROOT=$HOME/builder}

# Make things clean.
test -f Makefile && make -k distclean || :

rm -rf build
mkdir build
cd build

MIBDIR=$AUTOBUILD_INSTALL_ROOT/share/snmp/mibs
mkdir -p $MIBDIR

../autogen.sh --prefix=$AUTOBUILD_INSTALL_ROOT \
  --with-mibdir=$MIBDIR
Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
../configure: line 4433: syntax error near unexpected token `LIBVIRT,'
../configure: line 4433: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBVIRT, libvirt >= $LIBVIRT_REQUIRED)'
root at nv-kvm02:/tmp/libvirt-snmp-0.0.3#

Thanks.