[libvirt-users] Java client error on Windows 7 64 bit for Libvirt on KVM

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Tue May 7 18:37:12 UTC 2013

2013/5/7 Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com>:
> On 05/06/2013 03:31 PM, george john wrote:
>> Hello Matthias,
>> I trying rebuiling the 32 bit dlls by following instructions at https://github.com/photron/msys_setup/blob/master/readme_libvirt.txt and I get a new  error (note:  I did not redo instructions at  https://github.com/photron/msys_setup/blob/master/readme.txt)
>>

>> make[4]: Entering directory `/src/libxml2/libxml2-2.9.0-0/python'
>>   CC     libxml.lo
>> libxml.c:14:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
>> compilation terminated.
>
> This sounds like you don't have python development headers installed in
> your environment.  But since this is an error related to compiling
> libxml, not libvirt, it's not very relevant to this particular list; at
> this point, you have enough work cut out for you in setting up a generic
> windows compilation environment that you may be better off asking on
> mingw lists.

Eric, that's totally specific to my scripts and should as best go to
the msys_setup bug tracker on github. Anyway, I'll have to check why
that could happen.

George, why are you still trying to compile libvirt on your own? I'd
suggest using the virt-viewer installer to get libvirt binaries.

--
Matthias Bolte
http://photron.blogspot.com