[libvirt-users] migration job: unexpectedly failed

Daniele dnl.sneike at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:08:52 UTC 2013

Hi, I am trying to run some test and analysis while performing a wide live
migration of a VM between two different network location. I use libvirt and
qemu-kvm as hypervisor on Linux.

The live wide migration from A to B completes successfully, instead I can't
achieve the reverse path, from B to A (and that is right what I am
interested to). To perform the migration I run this command in virsh: *"migrate
--live --verbose uno qemu+ssh://root@ip.address/system"*
*
*
Even if dramatically slow (i guess due to some network bottleneck) the
migration starts correctly, but it gets stuck at 96% and after some minute
it returns this error: *"Migration: [ 96 %]error: operation failed:
migration job: unexpectedly failed" *without further details.

The libvirtd.log file in the source host says:
*2013-05-07 11:01:18.739+0000: 9538: error :
qemuMigrationUpdateJobStatus:945 : operation failed: migration job:
unexpectedly failed*
*
*
Apparently i can't find any clue of what is causing the error, do you have
any idea/solution?
*
*
(I'm not sure if this is the appropriate mailing-list, maybe it was better
the devs list?)

Thanks for your help
Daniele