[libvirt-users] migration job: unexpectedly failed

Daniele dnl.sneike at gmail.com
Wed May 8 19:23:54 UTC 2013

On May 8, 2013 9:14 PM, "Eric Blake" <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/08/2013 12:36 PM, Daniele wrote:
> > I downgraded libvirt so now I have the same version both in the source
and
> > the destination host.
> > Now this is the situation: in one direction (from B to A) there is
exactly
> > the same error as before!.. instead from A to B, the direction that
before
> > was working, now returns this error: "End of file while reading data: :
> > Input/output error", libvirtd crashes at the destination host, and when
> > restart it the vm is running (so it runs both in the destination and in
the
> > source host simultaneously!)..
>
> That's bad, and probably leads to disk corruption from the guest's point
> of view.  Older versions of libvirt did not handle migration failure as
> robustly as newer versions.  I still don't understand why you are trying
> to go backwards in time to buggier builds, nor why you can't do an
> offline migration.

That's because we need to use that particular modified version of libvirt
to implement an exchange of additional messages between the hypervisor and
the network router. We are performing analysis and test to the live
migration executed through a new protocol called LISP, to improve the
network reachability of a VM after the migration.

Since now the two versions of libvirt are the same, what could be the
reason of that error? Could it be due to the different versions of KVM?