[libvirt-users] Getting libvirt Error when setting IO tune read_bytes_sec value using libvirt API virDomainSetBlockIotune

vikrant verma vikrantverma99 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:24:09 UTC 2013

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply.

But i want to keep this setting, my intention is to set IO throttling (IO
tunning) over the block storage which is attached to the VM.

As per my understanding there are 2 ways to do it.

1. Using Cgroup - we can put the IO throttling on the device using
cgroup command (this i have tried and it is working)

2. Using Libvirt API virDomainSetBlockIoTune() - But i am not able to
achieve the IO throttling using it, please suggest how to do it.

Please let me know how to do it using Libvirt.

Regards,
Vikrant