[libvirt-users] Getting libvirt Error when setting IO tune read_bytes_sec value using libvirt API virDomainSetBlockIotune

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon May 13 15:54:01 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 12:07 AM, vikrant verma wrote:
[Please don't top-post on technical lists; I'm reordering your message]

>> What does 'virsh --version=long' say on the pre-built binary vs. your
>> self-built binary?  I'm guessing that your self-built binary was lacking
>> needed libraries, and thus didn't compile in support for the URI you are
>> trying to connect to.

> virsh version command output -

'virsh version' is not what I asked for.  I want to see 'virsh
--version=long'.

> Self built binary - i have reverted back to prebuilt binary as Self built
> was notworking so not able to take version.

I suspect that your self-built version was missing some options compared
to the pre-built version.  For reference, this is what I see for the
pre-built version shipped in Fedora:

$ virsh --version=long
Virsh command line tool of libvirt 1.0.5
See web site at http://libvirt.org/

Compiled with support for:
 Hypervisors: QEMU/KVM LXC UML Xen LibXL OpenVZ VMWare PHYP VirtualBox
ESX Hyper-V Test
 Networking: Remote Network Bridging Interface netcf Nwfilter VirtualPort
 Storage: Dir Disk Filesystem SCSI Multipath iSCSI LVM RBD
 Miscellaneous: Daemon Nodedev SELinux Secrets Debug DTrace Readline Modular

Any entries listed here but not in your self-built version are evidence
of a build pre-requisite that you missed (not necessarily fatal, if you
weren't trying to use all the features, but certainly something to
investigate).