[libvirt-users] Designing libvirt client

arvind viswanathan arvind.viswanathan at gmail.com
Wed May 15 00:17:12 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have a VMM application using a homegrown client for communicating with
hypervisor.
I am planning to migrate to libvirt because of the blocking nature of the
calls.
After going over the architecture, I would like to have a few doubts
clarified
1) Should my application be necessarily multi-threaded in order to make use
of the non-blocking calls in libvirt. [Are overlapping methods mainly used
by multithreaded clients].
2) I was wondering if there was any way to provide a callback along with
the methods  to achieve non-blocking.[My application has event library so
it can receive events]
3) Is the libvirt RPC client multi-threaded. [i.e., does it internally use
multiple threads to dispatch requests to server and return response to the
application]

I can provide more information, if its not helpful.
Thanks
Arvind