[libvirt-users] libvirt for Citrix XenServer

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue May 28 15:37:01 UTC 2013

On 05/27/2013 12:43 AM, Parakkal, Navin S wrote:
> Hi,
>   Can someone send me the build steps how to build for Citrix XenServer ? I want to build a version of libvirt for Citrix
XenServer.

Fedora doesn't build for xenserver by default, because the development
headers for xenserver are not under a free license.  However, you can
download the xenserver development kit yourself at no monetary cost; as
long as configure can detect xen_vm_start in -lxenserver, then you have
installed it correctly, and your self-built libvirt will support
xenserver URI.  At one point, I seem to recall that Dan Berrange even
set up a repo so that you could download an rpm of older copies of the
xenserver headers without having to click through the non-free licensing
that Citrix now enforces on their newer releases; but I don't have the
details of that repo location off-hand.