[libvirt-users] Trouble running LXC through libvirt

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:15:05 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I followed the instructions here to create ubuntu lxc containers.

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/lxc.html#lxc-admin

I then copied the rootfs to /var/lib/libvirt/images/precise and booted it
as an "operating system container" through virt-manager. Here are the
incidents.

   - It immediately showed on console "init: unable to create /dev/kmsg"
   but after a while it booted.
   - I had modified the image to allow static password for user ubuntu and
   I logged in. But to my surprise I wasn't able to use sudo. The error was
   "sudo: setuid is not set"

I've tried this image on lxc and it works like a charm. But there seems to
be some issue with libvirt. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Shashank Sahni