[libvirt-users] Fwd: Help regarding virsh domifstat

Rohit Bhat rohitbhat.nitk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 14:35:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

I need a small help. I am working on a project where i have to monitor
network activity of a VM running on KVM.

I am interested in how much data is going into the VM and how much
data is coming out of the VM. I checked on the net and found out virsh
domifstat is the way to go about it.

1. But looks like these stats also include bytes related to control
traffic for the VM. Is there a way to exclude that? I just want the
size of actual data transfers.

2. Is there a way by which i can report the data transfer of VM with
the outside world (outside hypervisor) only while excluding data
transfer with any other VM on the same host or with the host itself?

Thanks,
Rohit