[libvirt-users] how to use virtio-blk-data-plane in libvirt

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 11:06:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 03:43:53PM +0800, Hui Kai Ran wrote:
> I learned that there is a new technology - virtio-blk-data-plane
> introduced in qemu to bring a leap in IO performance to KVM. Has
> this feature been supported in libvirt? if it's, how to configure
> xml to support this feature?

The advice from the QEMU developers was that this was an experimental
feature (hence, IIRC, it used a 'x-data-plane' property name), and that
we shouldn't explicitly support it in libvirt. You can use the QEMU
command line arg passthrough in the XML to set it. When it matures
in QEMU it will become the default and thus no libvirt support will
be required at all

Regards,
Daniel