[libvirt-users] centos4.8 system container not working on fedora 19 machine

Rahul Khengare rahulk1306 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 06:03:43 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to evaluate whether centos-4.8 system container work on
Fedora-19 machine or not.

Host machine             : Fedora 19
Guest (LXC container) : CentOS4 .8

For creation of  of container i followed following steps,

      1. Installed libvirt packages on fedora19

       2. For installation of rootfs using yum, I have created the LOCAL
YUM REPO using CentOS-4.8  ISO files

       3. Created rootfs using yum

       4.  Made changes in container xml file required for system container

       5 .Define container using container xml file

Whenever I start system container it get started successfully but when I am
trying to access it using console then It show errors regarding /etc/fstab
files and filesystem corruption. I am not able to access the container.

Refer below for container xml file and error message,

contents of xml file for Centos container, *Centos4_8.xml:*

<domain type='lxc'>

 <name>BasicCentos</name>

 <memory unit='KiB'>102400</memory>

 <currentMemory unit='KiB'>102400</currentMemory>

 <os>

    <type>exe</type>

    <init>/sbin/init</init>

 </os>

 <clock offset='utc'/>

 <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>

 <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>

 <on_crash>destroy</on_crash>

 <devices>

    <emulator>/usr/libexec/libvirt_lxc</emulator>

    <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>

       <source dir='/lxc/centos4.8'/>

       <target dir='/'/>

    </filesystem>

    <interface type='bridge'>

       <source bridge='br0'/>

    </interface>

    <console type='pty' port='0'></console>

  </devices>

</domain>

-------------

*ERROR LOG* When trying to access container using CONSOLE command,

virsh # console BasicCentos

Connected to domain BasicCentos

Escape character is ^]

INIT: version 2.85 booting

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 36: [: /sys/fs/selinux: binary operator expected

Setting default font ():                                   [  OK  ]

                                Welcome to  CentOS release 4.8 (Final)

                                Press 'I' to enter interactive startup.

hwclock: KDGHWCLK ioctl failed, errno=25: Inappropriate ioctl for device.

Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access
method.

Setting clock : Thu Nov 21 01:48:58 EST 2013               [  OK  ]

Starting udev:  MAKEDEV: error making /dev/tty1: Operation not permitted

                                                           [FAILED]

Initializing hardware...  storage network audio done       [  OK  ]

raidautorun: unable to autocreate /dev/md0

mount: can't find /dev/pts in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

Configuring kernel parameters:                             [  OK  ]

Setting hostname centos:                                   [  OK  ]

Checking root filesystem

fsck.ext2: Is a directory while trying to open /

/:

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2

    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

                                                           [FAILED]

*** An error occurred during the file system check.

*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot

*** when you leave the shell.

*** Warning -- SELinux is active

*** Disabling security enforcement for system recovery.

*** Run 'setenforce 1' to reenable.

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 52: $selinuxfs/enforce: ambiguous redirect

Press enter for maintenance

(or type Control-D to continue):

(Repair filesystem) 1 # exit

Unmounting file systems

mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

Automatic reboot in progress.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rahul Khengare,