[libvirt-users] Kvm Libvirt dirty page log facility

hellen maziku nahelna at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 12 21:46:28 UTC 2013

Greetings!
I am new to kvm Libvirt and are writing a python script to get the number of pre-copy cycles during a remote vm migration given memory size M  of a VM in MB, the page dirty rate R of a vm in MB/s. My question is on how to get the page dirty rate. Does kvm libvirt provide a dirty page log facility that provides user space with a bitmap of modified pages since the last call? And if yes, please kindly direct me on how to get started. I have searched and come across things like

VIR_NODE_MEMORY_STATS and kvm_get_dirty_log(struct kvm *kvm, struct kvm_dirty_log *log, int *is_dirty),
I do not know if these are the ones and if yes how I can use them.

Thank you very much