[libvirt-users] virsh migrate fails with Input/output error

Tim tim at online-mail.biz
Mon Oct 14 17:24:28 UTC 2013

Hey guys,

I'm running the following setup on a few hosts:
~ # virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.9.8
Using library: libvir 0.9.8
Using API: QEMU 0.9.8
Running hypervisor: QEMU 1.0.0

Online Migrations with local storage are working smooth, Host OS is
always Ubuntu 12.04, CPUs are Intel E3-1245 V2, 32GB Ram. Now I
installed the same software on different hardware:
Intel E5-2620, ~128GB Ram

The problem: Online migrations from an E5-2620 to another E5-2620 aren't
possible:

~ # virsh --debug=1 migrate --verbose my-virtual-maschine
qemu+ssh://virt@192.168.99.16:222/system
migrate: verbose(bool): (none)
migrate: domain(optdata): vm-42800
migrate: desturi(optdata): qemu+ssh://virt@192.168.99.16:222/system
migrate: found option <domain>: vm-42800
migrate: found option <domain>: vm-42800
error: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error
error: Reconnected to the hypervisor

I can't find anything related to this in the libvirt logfile or via an
strace. Let me know if you have any ideas or if you need
more information.