[libvirt-users] libvirtError: Unable to add bridge br0 port vnet0: Operation not supported

Maciej Gałkiewicz macias at shellycloud.com
Thu Oct 17 06:09:00 UTC 2013

On 16 October 2013 14:15, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:

> Well if you're trying to use bridged interfaces then make sure you have
> the normal bridge modules & tools, and not the openvswitch compatibilty
> layer which has caused problems for people in the past IIRC.

Looks like my openvswitch installation does not have bridge compatibility.
I have tried removing modules bridge, stp and llc. What is more
package openvswitch-brcompat is not installed and brctl does not show
openvswitch bridge. It must be something else.

--
Maciej Gałkiewicz
Shelly Cloud Sp. z o. o., Sysadmin
http://shellycloud.com/, macias at shellycloud.com