[libvirt-users] upstart script for virtlockd

NEVEU Stephane stephane.neveu at thalesgroup.com
Mon Oct 21 13:10:50 UTC 2013

Hi Eric,

Here is my try to write a quick upstart script for virtlockd.
It should be named /etc/init/virtlockd.conf, then : ln -s /lib/init/upstart-job /etc/init.d/virtlockd
It seems to work for me :

# virtlockd - Locking daemon for libvirt
description     "virtlockd"

start on filesystem and runlevel [2345]
stop on starting rc RUNLEVEL=[016]

pre-start script
    test -x /usr/sbin/virtlockd || { stop; exit 0; }
    test -c /dev/null || { stop; exit 0; }
end script

script
    start-stop-daemon --start --make-pidfile --pidfile /var/run/virtlockd.pid --exec /usr/sbin/virtlockd >> /var/log/libvirt/virtlockd.log 2>&1
end script