[libvirt-users] libvirt-lxc without libvirt

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 15:18:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 04:00:24PM +0100, Jan Olszak wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> 1.       Is it possible to build libvirt-lxc driver without building
> libvirt? How do I do it?

That question doesn't make any sense. It is like asking whether you
can build the Linux networking stack without building Linux kernel
at all.

> 2.       Do I understand it correctly, that I can use  libvirt-lxc as a
> substitute of lxc?

Yes, libvirt-lxc has no dependancy on the sf.net lxc toolchain. It
provides equivalent (and even greater) functionality natively by
using the kernel APIs itself.

Daniel