[libvirt-users] Bringing up a guest with network disabled

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 15:02:44 UTC 2013

On 10/01/2013 11:40 PM, Gao Yongwei wrote:
> try : virsh domif-setlink

Thanks Gao!  I didn't know that one!  I did it right now on a WinXP VM:

virsh domif-setlink WinXP 52:54:00:f1:b7:27 down

...and right away I saw on the guest "A network cable is unplugged".

The man page says we can use the MAC address or the target name.  I'm
wondering what would the "target name" be for the Windows NIC (as
there's no target specified on the XML).

Thanks,
Jorge