Re: [libvirt-users] Bringing up a guest with network disabled

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 15:46:52 -0400
Jorge Fábregas <jorge fabregas gmail com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2013 09:29 AM, James Gibbon wrote:
> >  Would be grateful if someone could suggest a way to disable
> > the networking in the cloned VM within the XML, if that's
> > possible.
>
> I have no idea if it's possible to "disable" the NIC on the VM
> definition but you could boot into runlevel 1 (where there is no
> network) and perform the changes there.  You may do this by
> passing a 1 to the end of the kernel line (during GRUB boot
> section).

I solved this eventually by both removing the <interface> section
from the config, and interrupting grub and booting single user.

I wasn't sure I'd get an opportunity to interrupt the boot, but
since I had belt and braces I went for it. Many thanks for all
the suggestions.

James