[libvirt-users] failing connections w/ virt-manager

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 07:26:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 09:36:04PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 04.10.2013 16:03, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> >> managed to edit the xml so far that I can boot from an iso ... still
> >> have to edit stuff ...
> >>
> >> In virt-viewer and virt-manager I don't have valid keyboard ... what
> >> could be the reason?

For virt-manager and virt-viewer it is better to use virt-tools-list
[1], but the first issue you've reported isn't related to this, so I'm
not Cc'ing it there.

> >> I somehow wonder if the sockets used are somehow closed down or
> >> something ... ?

Check the logs.  You can set them according to a guide on logging [2]
that we have, because by default, I guess, you don't have debug logs
enabled.  There will be *a lot* of noise, so try to filter unimportant
ones.

> > Additional thought: could it have to do with some IPv4/IPv6 topic?
> >
> > The connection is IPv4 only ... but maybe the keepalive messages get
> > lost because the server tries to talk back via IPv6??

I don't think so.

> > I dont know anything about that ... I will try that as soon as I have
> > access again. Right now I am on the road ...
> >
> > Thanks for any help on this ...
>
> Anyone? Any hints? thanks ...

And about the "firewall tools", you definitely want the "virt-network"
use flag enabled.  This is also not related to the problem you're
having, but will save you a lot of headache.

Try enabling the flag, re-emerging the package, setting the logs and
then reproduce it again.  Check the logs and you should see why it's
disconnecting.

Martin