[libvirt-users] Create RBD Format 2 disk images with qemu-image

Hello,

I would like to use RBD Format 2 images so I can take advantage of layering.

However, when I use "qemu-img create -f rbd rbd:data/foo 10G", I get format 1 RBD images. (Actually, when I use the "-f rbd" flag, qemu-img core dumps, but it looks like that feature may have been deprecated [1])

Is there any way to have qemu-img create RBD Format 2 images or am I better off using `rbd` to create the image then booting from the disk and performing the install, etc.?

Thanks for the assist.

Best Regards,
Jon A

[1]  http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2013-June/002131.html