[libvirt-users] help with VM migration problem: getfd, SCM_RIGHTS

Joe Linoff jlinoff at tabula.com
Mon Oct 21 20:50:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I try to migrate two VM's on my network using virt-manager:

   Unable to migrate guest: internal error unable to execute QEMU command 'getfd': No file descriptor supplied via SCM_RIGHTS

All of the other VM's work just fine. There are 18 and I tested all of them.

Version info

   OS: CentOS 6.4 (2.6.32-358.23.2) [the hypervisors and the guests]
   Compiled against library: libvirt 0.10.2
   Using library: libvirt 0.10.2
   Using API: QEMU 0.10.2
   Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.12.1

It looks like this might be related to bug 731243 in the red hat bug DB but that was for 0.9.4.

If it is related to SELinux permissions, where can I look to fix it?

I ran "sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log" on the source hypervisor, the destination hypervisor and on the VM itself but no alerts were reported.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated, I am not sure what to try next.

Thanks,

Joe