[libvirt-users] Unable to provision VM attaching it directly to a OVS bridge

Lucas Brasilino lrbbs at cin.ufpe.br
Tue Oct 29 12:08:39 UTC 2013

Hi

Getting deeper, the error is raised by 'virDomainCreateLinux()'.
Here comes the snippet of the XML argument passed to this call:

(Pdb) print xmlDesc
<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>vm2</name>
  <uuid>3d713513-e8ee-994a-0eba-51128bd4b42e</uuid>
[...]
  <interface type='bridge'>
      <source bridge='databr0'/>
      <mac address='00:00:00:00:00:03'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
    </interface>
[...]
</domain>

So libvirt network driver is surely trying to use 'databr0' as the
common Linux bridge implementation, not an Open vSwitch bridge.

I tried to add an

<virtualport='openvswitch'/>

element in the XML created by virt-install and use 'virsh create' to
create it but
seems that libvirt's network driver does not support Open vSwitch when
creating VM's.
Is there some planning to support it ?

Thanks!

regards