[libvirt-users] Using certtool to generate certificates for ESXi

Shiva Bhanujan sxb075 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 01:48:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm using certtool to generate the server certificates for ESXi -
http://libvirt.org/remote.html#Remote_TLS_CA.  I just copy the server
certificate and key as /etc/vmware/ssl/rui.crt and /etc/vmware/ssl/rui.key.
 And then use virsh to connect from a CentOS 6.4 VM running on it - "virsh
-c esx://<esx IP>.  I get the following error -

error: internal error curl_easy_perform() returned an error: Peer
certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates (60) : Peer
certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

is there something basic that I'm missing?

Regards,
Shiva