[libvirt-users] Trouble using virStream with callbacks

Jonathan Lebon jlebon at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 21:43:58 UTC 2013

> As a test why not try hacking virsh console so that it connects to your
> virtio serial port, instead of a console. If we assume 'virsh console'
> is bug-free, that would let you identify whether the flaw is in your host
> code, or the guest side.

Thanks for the pointer. Doing a few trivial changes to virsh-console does
show that it works correctly and pointed out multiple errors in the
original code (not least of which using VIR_EVENT_* constants instead of
VIR_STREAM_EVENT_*).

I have one more question, are there any risks associated with abandoning
threads and just doing the virEventRunDefaultImpl() in a loop after setting
up all the callbacks? I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible.

Cheers,

Jonathan