[libvirt-users] Incremental Backups

Thomas Stein himbeere at meine-oma.de
Fri Sep 20 13:47:34 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-20 15:41, Davide Guerri wrote:
> Hi Thomas,

Hello Davide.

> I'm using this script which leverages external snapshots and
> blockpull: https://github.com/dguerri/LibVirtKvm-scripts

Yeah. I saw that and tried this already. But it needs to be adjusted to
libvirtd-1.1.2 i think. Can you do this? I fiddled a litte bit around
but wasn't realy successfull.

hn LibVirtKvm-scripts # ./fi-backup.sh -b /opt/virt-backup-local/ -d
serve.lordcritical
[DEB] qemu-img version '1.6.0' is supported
[DEB] KVM version '1.6.0,' is supported
[DEB] Snapshot for domain 'serve.lordcritical' requested
[DEB] Using timestamp '20130920-151742'
[DEB] Snapshotting block devices for 'serve.lordcritical' using suffix
'bimg-20130920-151742'
[VER] Snapshot for block devices of 'serve.lordcritical' successful
[ERR] Error getting backing file for
'/var/lib/libvirt/images/serve.lordcritical.bimg-20130920-151742'.

At the moment i try:

https://bitbucket.org/guilhemfr/virt-back

cheers
t.