[libvirt-users] [virt-tools-list] Is virsh supposed to work on Windows?

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu Sep 5 18:30:12 UTC 2013

Hi Christophe,

>> I've pushed test builds of mingw-virt-viewer packaging libvirt 1.1.2 if you want
>> to give them a try to see if they work better (disclaimer: I haven't tested
>> these installers at all).
> Pushed to http://teuf.fedorapeople.org/virt-viewer-msi/ ;)

Thanks for providing those test binaries so quickly.

The x64 package is missing DLLs. remote-viewer works fine, but:

virsh.exe complains about missing libvirt-lcx-0.dll and doesn't starts.
virt-viewer.exe complains about missing libssp-0.dll and doesn't starts
-- this also happens with the "current" binaries from spice.org

The x86 package remote-viwer also works fine, and has the same problem
for virsh.exe.

But virt-viewer.exe doesn't show any error. It simply locks up up until
I terminate it using [Ctrl+C]. I provided complete command line args,
the same ones that works from a Linux machine.

Sysinternals ProcessMonitor shows virt-viewer.exe read the certificate
files, connected to libvirtd on the host and received some data (many
TCP Receive, TCP Send and TCP TCPCopy events with SUCCESS).  The latest
lines are a ThreadCreate and a ThreadExit event, botu SUCCESS. Nothing I
could see to explain why it's locked.

[]s, Fernando Lozano