[libvirt-users] [virt-tools-list] Is virsh supposed to work on Windows?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 16:03:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 09:59:23AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> [redirecting to libvir-list for a libvirt bug]
>
> On 09/06/2013 09:50 AM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>

> >> virsh.exe complains about missing libvirt-lcx-0.dll and doesn't starts.
> >
> > You should be able to grab it from
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=460929 even though I
> > don't think it's really useful to build that at all on mingw.
> >

> Indeed - libvirt-lxc-0.dll makes NO sense at all, because lxc is a
> Linux-only concept.  I'll try and figure out why the mingw spec is
> attempting to compile a dll that should not be needed.

But the libraries are RPC clients, so in general they can be
run anywhere. ie disabling LXC or QEMU driver in libvirtd
does not imply that libvirt-lxc.dll and libvirt-qemu.dll should
be disabled.

Now it happens that libvirt-lxc.dll doesn't have any useful APIs
you can use on Windows yet, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't
compile it

Daniel