[libvirt-users] Can I run a KVM guest with a btrfs subvolume as file system?

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Sat Sep 7 16:28:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I want to run a virtualized Debian stable KVM guest on a Debian stable host
(to run untrusted stuff like Skype, Flash or eclipse with third-party plugins).
Naturally host and guest will have many files in common and it would be nice to
make us of btrfs deduplication.

Now I found "direct kernel boot" but I could not find any documentation about
it. Does it allow me to hand a btrfs subvolume of the host file system to the
guest and the guest uses this subvolume as its own file system?

I already asked this question here:

http://serverfault.com/questions/536752/can-i-run-a-kvm-guest-with-a-btrfs-
subvolume-as-file-system

Regards, Thomas Koch