[libvirt-users] How to insert vcpupin in guest xml file

hongming honzhang at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 03:39:20 UTC 2013

On 07/19/2013 04:51 PM, Peeyush Gupta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to add vcpupin in the guest xml file. I am working with
> openstack and the code I have is python bound. I investigated through
> the code and found that the elemets in xml file are set in
> get_guest_config function. Now the thing is I am not able to set
> vcpupin element. I mean I tried guest.cputune_vcpupin but it's not
> working.
Hi Peeyush

In libvirt python -binding . You can find the following functions for
pining  vcpus.

class virDomain:

     def pinVcpu(self, vcpu, cpumap):
         """Dynamically change the real CPUs which can be allocated to a
virtual CPU. This function requires privileged access to the hypervisor. """
         ret = libvirtmod.virDomainPinVcpu(self._o, vcpu, cpumap)
         if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainPinVcpu() failed',
dom=self)
         return ret

     def pinVcpuFlags(self, vcpu, cpumap, flags):
         """Dynamically change the real CPUs which can be allocated to a
virtual CPU. This function requires privileged access to the hypervisor. """
         ret = libvirtmod.virDomainPinVcpuFlags(self._o, vcpu, cpumap,
flags)
         if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainPinVcpuFlags()
failed', dom=self)
         return ret