[libvirt-users] Regarding libvirt usage

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 14:33:22 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 11:59 PM, Manzoor Ahamed wrote:

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

>             Thanks for the reply.
>

> qemu-img info /VirtualMachines/KVM/machine.qcow2****

Ideally, libvirt should expose everything you need so that you don't
have to resort to raw qemu-img calls (we aren't quite there yet, but
that's another story).

> How can i do this from remote host using libvirt module ? Started using and
> learning libvirt so dont know how to execute it . Thanks in advance.

In this particular case, use virDomainGetBlockInfo (aka 'virsh -c
qemu://remote/system domblkinfo $dom $disk').