[libvirt-users] Collecting system stats

Sam Giraffe sam at giraffetech.biz
Thu Sep 26 03:20:06 UTC 2013

Thanks, I will look into sflow. Is it possible to get some basic info
through libvirt though about the hypervisor without installing additional
software?

I was able to dig around a bit and found conn.GetInfo (where
conn=libvirt.open("qemu:///system")) which gave me some information on
hypervisor memory and cores, nothing on disk though.

I also found out about dom.info() where   dom = conn.lookupByID(id) that
gives me information on VM memory and cores.  I don't have storage pools
defined, and I am not concerned about them, just need to get total disk
space and available disk space on hypervisor. Perhaps I will have to see
how sflow get's that information through libvirt if at all through libvirt.
I found a 2010 email from *Daniel* P. *Berrange* saying that he believes
system stats should not be part of libvirt, so maybe I can't get that
information from libvirt.

Thanks