[libvirt-users] Does libvirt support xapi/xe toolstack?

Guillaume Thouvenin guillaume.thouvenin at polymtl.ca
Fri Sep 27 12:33:29 UTC 2013

Hello,

I installed the last version of Xen (xenserver-core-0.9.0-9.x86_64 from
yum) and I'm trying to manage my VMs with virsh. The version that I
installed is using the Xapi/xe toolstack. The problem I have is that
I'm not seeing the VM that is started with "virsh -c xen:/// list
--all". Here is what I have:

root# xe vm-list uuid ( RO)           : 022226ed-07be-37fc-5b52-f798320e2726
     name-label ( RW): vm1
    power-state ( RO): running

uuid ( RO)           : 394fa633-f600-45f9-bea7-3bf4a9fd06fd
     name-label ( RW): Control domain on host: unknown
    power-state ( RO): running

root# virsh -c xen:/// list --all
Id    Name                           State

#

According to [1] it seems that libvirt is using Xend daemon to
communicate. The problem is that Xend is now deprecated since Xen 4.1.
So am I wrong with this assumption or is there something to configure
to be able to use libvirt with Xapi/XE toolstack? I looked in the
documentation but I only found [2] but I didn't see any special
settings...

Regards,
Guillaume [1]   http://libvirt.org/architecture.html
[2]   http://libvirt.org/drvxen.html