[libvirt-users] Unable to start libvirt_lxc domain a second time after shutdown

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 14:44:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 04:42:18PM +0200, Florian Klink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to start a lxc domain again after shutting it down.
>
> Something doesn't seem to "clean up" the socket file (and probably
> more), as the error message says
>
> "Unable to start Domain: Failed to connect socket to
> '/var/run/libvirt/lxc/test.sock': Connection refused."
>
> I can create a domain with the same config as the one thats shutted
> down, but with other uid and name, of course, and I'm able to boot up
> this domain.
>
> However, the init process is much shorter (some filesystems are not
> mounted), so maybe there is still something left "open" after the lxc
> container is shut down?
>
> I saw the problem in libvirt 1.1.2 and current git (1.1.3-rc2 plus 7
> commits, on 51e21ba7b6f59d6ad9339b2da2b75cc7704f9ecf)

I'm assuming you are running on a distro with systemd ?

If so, can you try out this patch

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-September/msg01671.html

It tries to workaround a flaw in either systemd or kernel (we're not
sure which is broken) that causes cgroups to not be cleaned up

Daniel