[libvirt-users] Issue with 1.2.3 and lxcCheckNetNsSupport

Thierry Parmentelat thierry.parmentelat at inria.fr
Tue Apr 8 14:53:44 UTC 2014

Hi there

I’ve just moved to libvirt-1.2.3 from 1.2.1; we use it for dealing with lxc containers
I just wanted to report that everything went well for us with this new release, except for one little glitch
At some point the lxc drivers seems to check that the kernel indeed has the netns feature built in
Well in our environment this checks miserably fails; I haven’t been able to tell exactly why, but could find this post that might be related
Bug 1050210 – lxcCheckNetNsSupport fails to detect NETNS

As a quick workaround I have this patch below in place, with which everything else seems to be working fine; at least all our system tests are passing..

It feels like the way the 1.2.3 code checks for the presence of netns is clearly not exactly right (in our case selinux is disabled), and I wish a more reliable solution can be found in the future :)

Hope this helps — Thanks in any case