[libvirt-users] Not able to start a VM - Xen and libvirt

Aravindhan Dhanasekaran adhanas at ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 8 15:11:48 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've installed Xen 4.3.1 on a machine with x86 based 64-bit Intel processor
running Fedora 20 (Linux 3.11) and libvirt 1.0.1.

I'm not able to start a VM. It's failing with the below mentioned error. What am
I doing wrong? If this is documented somewhere, a pointer to that would be great.

I did a "generic" search, but in vain, before posting to this list and I
couldn't find an easier way to search through the mailman archives of this
mailing list.

Thanks for your time.

Aravind

Error starting domain: internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain 'vm1'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 91, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 127, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1355, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 708, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain 'vm1'