[libvirt-users] passthrough filesystem (9p) permissions issues on Fedora 20

David Mansfield libvirt at dm.cobite.com
Thu Apr 10 15:01:32 UTC 2014

Hello All:

I've gotten a passthrough filesystem to work (as in, to mount) in my vm
(guest F20, host F20), but due to the fact that the qemu-kvm process
runs as "qemu" user, I cannot access "my" files from the share.  Both
the guest and the host are running SSSD so the user/group mapping is
identical.

Other than putting 'user = "root"' it /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf, is there a
way to get this to work without trashing all of the file permissions on
the directory?

Even if I do put the user=root, I imagine selinux will become a major
headache anyway.

So is there a roadmap for how to get this working?

--
Thanks,
David Mansfield